Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy 1st birthday, EB!!!

With the exception of this outrageously long winter (at least here in Chicago, anyway), I feel like the last year has flown by.  I can't believe that it's already been a year since my sister (you all know her as Lindsay-the-floral-designer) gave me the idea to start writing a blog as a creative outlet and also as a way to maybe make some extra cash.  I had absolutely no clue that it would become something that would have nearly 100,000 page views by people in over 100 different countries in only a years time.  For some, that may not seem like much, but to me it's honestly mind blowing considering before this endeavor I had no clue how a blogging platform even worked.  For my birthday post, I've decided to do another list-y post similar to the one I did for EB's 6 month anniversary.  Once again, I'm going to give you my top ten posts of all time and additionally the ten countries with the most site visits and also my five favorite posts.  So please enjoy and thank you all again, because without my amazing readers, this site wouldn't exist!!

EB's Top Ten Most Popular Posts

10. Can You Tell I Need a Vacation? Posted on May 17, 2010
893 views
This post continues to be so popular because the lovely Mikaella dress pictured above is EB's most popular keyword source.  Oh yeah, and I still have yet to take that vacation...


9. Fifteen Dresses Under Fifteen Hundred Posted on September 14, 2010
1,264 views
I loved writing this post because I think there are so many gorgeous gowns out there that wont break the bank, like this stunning Blue by Enzoani style.  High style doesn't always need to have a high price tag.

8. Fall 2010 Trend Report Posted on July 28, 2010
1,304 views
One of my favorite types of posts to write is create trend boards.  I love looking though dozens of dresses and pulling out themes to share with all of you. 

7. Style Icon Inspiration: Grace Kelly Posted on May 1, 2010
2,047 views
 No one demonstrated classic bridal elegance quite like Princess Grace, and clearly you all agree.

6.  Style Icon Inspiration: Audrey Hepburn Posted on July 14, 2010
2,425 views
Same goes for Audrey.

5. My Top Ten Gorgeous Movie Brides Posted on May 24, 2010
3,228 views
It's so interesting to look at movie brides over the years and see how much has changed and how much that really hasn't.  Who wouldn't want to wear a stunning early 1930's bridal ensemble like Mae Clarke's above?

4. Ecole de Danse Inspiration Board Posted on July 7, 2010
3,744 views
I'm so thrilled that this post is so popular!  I would have never thought that an inspiration board based on an obscure Degas painting would be so well received.  I have a print of it hanging on my bedroom wall that my mom bought at the Degas exhibit at The Met in 1989 and it continues to inspire me everday.  I'm so happy I shared it with all of you.

3. Trend Alert: Spanish Style Ruffles Posted on June 22, 2010
4,799 views
Even 10 months later, flamenco ruffles continue to rise in popularity, hence the amount of views for this trend report post.

2. Inspiration Board: Peacocks! Posted on July 29, 2010
7,713 views
Everywhere I look, I see peacocks these days, making it another trend that doesn't seem to be disappearing anytime soon.  Not that we mind.

1. (Once again!) Top 20 Iconic Celeb Brides Posted on August 6, 2010
54,798 views
This post has over seven times the views of the previous post, which is kind of insane.  As I said previously, Queen Victoria is responsible for a large majority of that traffic, however, Melania Trump (above, in her showstopping Dior Haute Couture gown) has actually taken over as the biggest keyword for this post. 

Countries with the Most EB Views

10. The Philippines with 673 views
9. Italy with 726 views
8. India with 1,353 views
7. Brazil with 2,115 views
6. France with 2, 867 views
5. Germany with 3,765 views
4. Australia with 5,235 views
3. Canada with 8,678 views
2. The United Kingdom with 12,611 views
1. The United States with 73, 667 views

...

 In addition to the most popular posts, I have ten posts that I feel deserve a second look.  Typically, posts with lots of photos tend to get the most views and so textier posts kind of get left behind.  Here I've listed (in no particular order) ten posts that I'm most proud of in terms of content.  Enjoy!

Posted on April 14, 2010
This was one of my very first posts.  I took photos of spring flowers near my house (in strangers front yards no less!) in order to create my first color inspiration post.  I had so much fun and plan on doing a sequel in the next few weeks when the flowers finally bloom around here.  


Posted on April 17, 2010
Since I used to be a bridal consultant at a local salon in a previous life, I wanted to put some of my knowledge to use.  Shopping for a wedding gown can be a new and frightening experience for some brides, so it helps to have some information before actually getting out there and shopping. 

Posted on July 21, 2010
I really enjoyed writing this post about carnations because I don't write about flowers too often.  It was fun to find such gorgeous and different photos featuring these budget-friendly and versatile flowers. 

Posted on September 21, 2010
I'm typically the one saying "go on, break the rules, it's ok!" but in this case I felt that this list of "don'ts" was so worth sharing. 

Posted on July 30, 2010
One of my readers asked if I could do a post on seasonal color inspiration and I happily obliged.  This post was super time consuming to write but also really, really fun. 

Posted on May 19, 2010
I found that when I was a bridal consultant, many customers, through no fault of their own, didn't understand the difference between all the fabrics, materials, and textures.  I took the opportunity to write a post making sense of all the different fabric options out there, hopefully clarifying some of the jargon for confused brides.

Posted on May 25, 2010
Veils are another tricky part of completing your wedding day look.  There are so many different options and choosing the right style isn't easy.  I created this guide, using styles from Sara Gabriel, in order to illustrate my definitions. 

Posted on May 6, 2010
This was another request from a reader.  Mixing and matching maids dresses is a huge trend and there is a definite right and wrong way to do it, so  I created a guide to help with the tricky process.

Posted on October 15, 22, & 29, 2010
I started this series in the fall and have every intent of finishing the last two parts, I promise!!

  Posted on May 2, 2010
This is a follow up to the post about shopping for wedding gowns.  It can almost be tougher shopping for bridesmaids because your fitting so many different body types and personalities, so there are some tricks to making things easier on yourself. 

So, there you have it- The Ethereal Bride's first birthday celebration.  Thank you all again for your support over the last year and here's hoping that this next year is even better!! 

Molto grazie!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely readers! I am dying to know what you all think of my posts, so by all means do tell! Please keep in mind, though, I wont approve any comments that are really mean-spirited or clearly self-promoting. {♥ A}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails