Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fifteen Dresses Under Fifteen Hundred

I'm not going to lie, I get really annoyed when I watch TLC's Say Yes to the Dress and a bride tells her consultant that she wants to stay around, say, $1800 and the consultant acts all put out.  Don't get me wrong, I ♥ Randy and Keisha and The Gang (seriously, I really do!!), but they can be so snobby!  To most people, an $1800 budget is on the higher end of things, and the average brides spends around $1000.  Although, on the other hand, maybe they aren't necessarily being snobby.  Afterall, Kleinfeld is a luxury bridal retailer and most of their dresses are priced well over $2000, so a bride looking to stay under that is going to have a tough time finding something there.  In which case, they should probably quit looking for their 15 minutes of fame and stick to looking for their dream dress, preferably in a retailer that sells gowns within their price range.  Ok, so this was a totally roundabout lead-in for today's post, but anyways, here you go.... 15 stunning wedding gowns that are all under $1500 (and many under $1000)!!  Because you don't have to spend a million bucks to look like it... just as long as you stay out of Kleinfeld.

Justin Alexander style "8490"

No need to buy a separate cocktail dress for the reception- the skirt on this one is detachable!
Allure Bridals style "8700"

Claudine for Alyce style "7242"

It's possible to get a silk gown for under $1000 ($625 to be exact!)
Jenny Yoo style "Mackenzie"

Jasmine Bridals style "F362"

This gown is be-yoo-ti-ful but doesn't the model have kind of a weird look on her face? Sorry, just figured I mention what your all thinking...
Christina Wu style "15432"

Seriously, this gown looks so rich and expensive, but it's only a little over $1000
Sophia Tolli style "Velma" 

Anjolique style "2214"

Galina Signature style "SWG359"

Look at all that gorgeous bead-work and embroidery!

 Mon Cheri style "Kaylee"

Remind me again who said you have to wear white?
Mia Solano style "M1026"

Casablanca style "2004"

Perfect for a garden or destination wedding!
Wtoo style "Carmen"

Blue by Enzoani style "Dalian"

Which ones are your favorites?? Let EB know in the comment sections below!!


6 comments:

  1. I found a dress very similar to the second to last one (the Watters Wtoo - Carmen) for only $145 at Macy's!! Here it is: http://www.windsorstore.com/shop_detail.aspx?id=99113&lcid=744

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dalian by Blue by Enzoani! How much does this cost with the under dress? I was quoted around $1850...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh this is great! I actually just bought the Galina dress for my wedding- on sale for $750. I can't believe on Say Yes to the Dress how many women not only buy obscenely expensive gowns, but also how many come in with an already high budget and talk themselves into something even more expensive. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I looove the detachable skirt dress!! if only I had a hot tub time machine, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an outstanding wedding! I want to know who made the bouquets and all the details! It’s fabulous, and of course you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Hello lovely readers! I am dying to know what you all think of my posts, so by all means do tell! Please keep in mind, though, I wont approve any comments that are really mean-spirited or clearly self-promoting. {♥ A}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails