Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Neil & Natalie Part II: Simple Elegance and Hockey Sticks


Neil and Natalie's autumn wedding was simply classic.  A chic black and white color palette with a dramatic pop of red from the bouquets.  From the beginning she knew that she wanted her wedding to be unique, something that you don't see all the time. She chose to have her theme be "black and white, simple and elegant".  They also decided to incorporate Neil's love of hockey (Go Hawks!) into their photographs because he, along with three out of the four groomsmen, play hockey together on an area men's league team.  When it came to fashion, her girlfriends made her try on a bunch of gowns, but she instantly knew her gorgeous Maggie Sottero style was the one.  Her Bill Levkoff bridesmaid dresses were very flattering and elegant.  She figured, "if they're going to spend money on this dress, it should be cute and wearable for other events. I also chose not to shower my wedding with flowers. I know most girls want tons of flowers and color.  But I like to stand out and be different, and that's what I did by only having flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres".  One of Natalie's favorite parts of her wedding was the photographer.  "I looked at different area photographer's work online.  When I came across Joshua's portfolio it made me cry! And I thought to myself, if his online work makes me cry then imagine what he can do for my wedding?!  I had to have him at any price.  Best decision I could have made- pictures last a life time, so never go cheap!"  Neil and Natalie were married on lovely but rainy Friday, September 25th, 2009 and currently reside in Chicago's western suburbs with their beloved dogs, Milo and Diesel. 


Vendor Info
Ceremony Location: The Gaslight Chapel in North Aurora, Illinois
Reception Location:  The Lincoln Inn in Batavia, Illinois
Wedding Gown:  Maggie Sottero style "Capri Royale", purchased at The Crystal Bride in Geneva, Illinois
Maids' Dresses: Bill Levkoff, purchased at The Crystal Bride in Geneva, Illinois
Bride's and Maids' Hair: Dana Holakovsky at Splendor Salon and Spa in Chicago, Illinois
Bride's Makeup:  Mystique Salon and Spa
Floral Designer: Lindsay Rice
Photographer: Joshua Albanese Photography, located in Chicago, Illinois
            
-Alessandra



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely readers! I am dying to know what you all think of my posts, so by all means do tell! Please keep in mind, though, I wont approve any comments that are really mean-spirited or clearly self-promoting. {♥ A}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails